Our website is https://celestrix.ca . This policy was last amended on August 3, 2018.
This policy describes the ways we collect, store, use and protect your personal information. We may amend this policy from at any time by posting a revised version on our website and updating the “last amended” date above. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it, so please review it frequently. Use of our websites or services constitutes your acceptance of these terms.
In general, we collect only the information required to effectively perform the services we offer. We don’t rent or sell the information we collect.
As you interact with our website:
- we collect “analytics”, non-personally identifiable information about you, such as the pages you visit, your IP address, and the type of web browser you are using;
- we have chosen not to use third party analytics, and instead are running our own instance of Matomo (why is this better?);
- our analytics software may place small data files called “cookies” on your computer. These cookies help our analytics software distinguish “you” from some other visitor. These cookies are not required to use our website;
- if you choose, you may “opt-out” of our analytics using the checkbox below.
If you contact us:
- we will collect the personally identifiable information you share, such as your name and email address.
In the course of providing requested services to you:
- we will collect personally identifiable information as needed to to perform the services you request.
We use the collected non-personally identifiable and personally identifiable information to:
- provide the services you request;
- process transactions and send notices about transactions;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- improve our services and website;
- send you service notices and marketing material;
We may share the collected non-personally identifiable and personally identifiable information with:
- third party service providers who perform services on our behalf;
- companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by;
- law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure;
- we need to do so to comply with law;
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Protecting your privacy
We store and process your personal information on our computers in Canada and the United States. We use industry standard safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and authorize access to personally identifiable information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
We will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes and will only share your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
You can request, by sending an email to email@example.com , to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.